November 11, 2011

Eleven, eleven, eleven

  • I knock on wood for fear of jinxing myself.
  • I try to never open an umbrella indoors if I can help it.
  • Avoid to travel when my birthday or graduation is approaching.
  • Try not to change seats while dining.

These are some of the superstitions I believe in. However, one superstition that I am really beginning to accept as true is the 11:11 wish. I see 11:11 on clocks, ovens, televisions, receipts, test papers and even at medicine's expiration dates. I can't remember where I first heard that whenever the clock strikes 11:11, you should make a wish because they say it is an auspicious sign, and it signals a spiritual presence. It was just one of those things that appeared in my consciousness after enough people mentioned it. Of course I initially considered it as irrational. But every time I would catch the time at 11:11, I'd make a wish just for the fun of it. This belief keeps spreading and becomes a wishful-minute-of-the-day. If you missed the clock, it'll surely drive you nuts.

This day is very significant and worth remembering. It is a once in a lifetime trend so let's make the most out of it. I know a prayer addressing God is much more powerful but I think there's no harm in believing the 11:11 luck. Don't fail to take the chance to wish soon after, okayyyy?

Anyhow, I just consumed my day with my two friends and splurged money at the newly opened Moonleaf Tea Shop near the campus. We made our 11:11 AM wish together. Good company makes me happy :)


caramel milk tea w/ pearls (mine), vanilla milk tea (Vian's), caramel milk tea (Ace's)

And I was hoping that I can witness the release of wish lanterns at Banchetto tonight. BUT because I'm broke, please stomach my fyfkfyhkh face


See? I tried to pull off positive energy and aura :)) HAPPY 11/11/11 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment