December 26, 2011

Misa de Gallo x Noche Buena

Misa de Gallo is a mass celebrated at midnight (or a bit before) on Christmas Eve. They say completing the nine-day ritual simbang gabi plus the Misa de Gallo could make a wish come true which many Filipinos, including me, believe this centuries-old promise to this day. But to be honest, I only attended once. I don't know. I didn't have the drive unlike last year. I suppose that attending mass should be done wholeheartedly, not just for the sake of getting what you wished for.

Nevertheless, my family attended the Holy Mass this Christmas Eve. We arrived five minutes before 10 PM but the church was full already. Several people were standing outside so as expected we stood for almost two hours. As soon as the church bell rang, it started raining. I know it's a sign from above that the birth of our Savior is near, a blessing that we should rejoice and thank for.


Nothing extra special happened the rest of the night but I still feel grateful for I am with the people who have the largest portion in my heart. From my family to you, Merry Christmas! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment